- Delivery Driver
- About the Company
- Job Requirements and Duties
- Core Values
- Work Conditions
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS including, but not limited to the following:
- Additional Job Details
- Driving Specific Job Duties
About the Company
MAC Pizza is the largest Domino’s franchise in Texas with stores in and around central and southeast Texas. MAC Pizza has created an extensive family of people passionate about pizza and we take PRIDE in everything we do. Apply today and become part of the MAC Pack Family!
Job Requirements and Duties
You must be 18 years of age with at least 1 year of driving history and have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record meeting company standards as well as access to an insured vehicle which can be used for delivery. You should possess navigational skills to read a map, locate addresses within designated delivery area and must be able to navigate adverse terrain including multi-story buildings.
Many of our team members began their careers as delivery drivers and today are successful General Managers, District Managers, Directors, and even Domino's franchise owners! Our stores offer a world of opportunity for anyone willing to step up!
We value diversity and we aim to recognize, appreciate, value and utilize the unique talents and contributions of all individuals.
At MAC Pizza, we take PRIDE in what we do! Our actions are filtered through our core values of People, Respect, Integrity, Drive, and Elevating others!
- General job duties for all store team members
- Operate all equipment.
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, walk-in cooler.
- Prepare product.
- Receive and process telephone orders.
- Take inventory and complete associated paperwork.
- Clean equipment and facility approximately daily.
- Orientation and training provided on the job.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to comprehend and give correct written instructions.
- Ability to communicate verbally with customers and co-workers to process orders both over the phone and in person.
- Essential Functions/Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator).
- Must be able to make correct monetary change.
- Verbal, writing, and telephone skills to take and process orders.
- Motor coordination between eyes and hands/fingers to rapidly and accurately make precise movements with speed.
- Ability to enter orders using a computer keyboard or touch screen.
- Exposure to
- Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when removing trash and performing other outside tasks.
- In-store temperatures range from 36 degrees in cooler to 90 degrees and above in some work areas.
- Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside.
- Fumes from food odors.
- Exposure to cornmeal dust.
- Cramped quarters including walk-in cooler.
- Hot surfaces/tools from oven up to 500 degrees or higher.
- Sharp edges and moving mechanical parts.
- Talking and hearing on telephone.
- Near and mid-range vision for most in-store tasks.
- Depth perception.
- Ability to differentiate between hot and cold surfaces.
The ability to direct activities, perform repetitive tasks, work alone and with others, work under stress, meet strict quality control standards, deal with people, analyze and compile data, make judgments and decisions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS including, but not limited to the following:
- Most tasks are performed from a standing position.
- For short distances for short durations. Surfaces include ceramic tile bricks with linoleum in some food process areas. Height of work surfaces is between 36 and 48.
- Paperwork is normally completed in an office at a desk or table.
- Bulk product deliveries are made twice a week or more and are unloaded by the team member using a hand truck. Deliveries may include cases of ingredients and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds with dimensions of up to 3' x 1.5'. Cases are usually lifted from floor and stacked onto shelves up to 72 high.
- Large cans, weighing 3 pounds, 7 ounces, are carried from the workstation to storage shelves. Occasionally, pizza sauce weighing 30 pounds is carried from the storage room to the front of the store. Trays of pizza dough are carried three at a time over short distances, and weigh approximately 12 pounds per tray.
- To move trays which are placed on dollies. A stack of trays on a dolly is approximately 24 - 30 and requires a force of up to 7.5 pounds to push. Trays may also be pulled.
- Team members must infrequently navigate stairs or climb a ladder to change prices on signs, wash walls, perform maintenance
Additional Job Details
- Forward bending at the waist is necessary at the pizza assembly station. Toe room is present, but workers are unable to flex their knees while standing at this station. Duration of this position is approximately 30 - 45 seconds at one time, repeated continuously during the day. Forward bending is also present at the front counter and when stocking ingredients.
- Performed occasionally to stock shelves and to clean low areas.
- Reaching is performed continuously; up, down and forward. Workers reach above 72 occasionally to turn on/off oven controls, change prices on sign, and lift and lower objects to and from shelves. Workers reaching down to perform such tasks as scooping cornmeal from a plastic barrel, or washing dishes. Workers reach forward when obtaining topping ingredients, cleaning work surfaces, or answering phones.
- Eye-hand coordination is essential. Use of hands is continuous during the day. Frequently activities require use of one or both hands. Shaping pizza dough requires frequent and forceful use of forearms and wrists. Workers must manipulate a pizza peel when removing pizza from the oven, and when using the rolling cutter. Frequent and/or forceful pinching is required in the assembly of cardboard pizza boxes. Team Members must be able to grasp cans, the phone, the pizza cutter and pizza peel, and pizza boxes.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Work Aids
- Team Members may be required to utilize pencils/pens, computers, telephones, calculators, TDD equipment, pizza cutter and pizza peel.
Driving Specific Job Duties
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record meeting company standards.
- Access to personal vehicle to be used for delivery.
- Must be able to maintain current insurance at all times.
- Employee’s name and vehicle must both be listed on insurance policy.
- Navigational skills to read a map, locate addresses within designated delivery area. Must navigate adverse terrain including multi-story buildings, private homes, and other delivery sites while carrying product.
- During delivery, carry pizzas and beverages while performing walking and climbing duties.
- Deliver pizzas within a designated delivery area. A Team Member may make several deliveries per shift.
- Delivery personnel must travel between the store and delivery vehicle and from the delivery vehicle to the customer's location.
- During delivery of product, navigation of five or more flights of stairs may be required.
- Exposure To
- Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when delivering product, driving and couponing.
- Far vision and night vision for driving.